ENTRIES FOR 2023 HAVE NOW CLOSED
TO ENTER: Complete the entry form (link to download above) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Eden Visitor Information Centre.
DUE DATE: Entry forms are required by 5pm Sunday 24th September, no late entries will be accepted. Details regarding bump in and bump out of entry items will be emailed to all entrants on Monday 25th September.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: Winners will be announced at the official opening of the exhibition and special launch party held at 5.30pm Thursday 12th October.
Conditions of Entry
– Entries are open until 5pm Sunday 24th September 2023 (no late entries will be permitted).
– The item entered MUST be made/photographed by the person entering the competition.
– The item cannot have been entered in, or won, any other similar competition including previous Eden Whale Festival competitions.
– A maximum of two items may be entered per category per person.
– For age categories, age is set at date of entry being lodged.
– Items entered in the competition will be exhibited in the exhibition space up until Sunday 15th October. Space may be limited. In the unlikely event that we run out of exhibition space we will do our best to rotate the display.
– Entrants are responsible for delivery and pick up of the entered items to the exhibition venue for judging and exhibiting.
– Exhibition Venue is TO BE CONFIRMED –
o Venue details, along with bump in and bump out requirements will be emailed to all entrants by Monday 25th September.
– The organisers of the competition and exhibition, and organisers of the Eden Whale Festival take no responsibility or liability for any damage caused to entered items during the setting up and exhibition period.
– Judging will be by a panel and judges’ decisions are final, no correspondence will be entered into.
– The results of the competition will be announced through local and social media. All entrants grant permission to the organisers and sponsors to publish and / or broadcast the names and photographs of the finalists, the winners and their entries through print and electronic media.
– Judges and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
Artists Who Wood Additional Conditions
– Categories are Open (aged 18 and over), Unplugged (pieces made using unpowered hand tools) and Youth (aged under 18).
– The competition has no theme, any piece can be entered if it is made primarily from wood.
– The prize money (kindly donated by the Forestry Corporation of NSW) will be as follows: Winner (Open) $1000, Runner Up (Open) $400, Winner (Unplugged) $600, Runner Up (Unplugged) $200, Winner (Youth) $600, Runner Up (Youth) $200.
From the Lens Additional Conditions
– Categories are Open (aged 18 and over), Youth (aged 13-17 inclusive) and Junior (aged 12 and under). Amateur photographers only please.
– Photographs must be taken within the last 12 months and in the Eden area.
– All photographs need to be 20cm X 30cm (A4 size) mounted on thin cardboard with a 2cm border labelled with the title of the work on the front and the name and category on the back. No watermarks please as this will identify the entrant.
– No glass, frames, boards or poster prints will be accepted.
– The prize money (kindly donated by the Twofold Bay Ladies Club) will be as follows: Winner (Open) $200, Runner Up (Open) $100, Winner (Youth) $80, Runner Up (Youth) $50, Winner (Junior) $50, Runner Up (Junior) $20.
Trashformation Additional Conditions
– Entries must demonstrate the use of items that would otherwise have been discarded or thrown away and have been turned into a work of art or sculpture. Other materials can be used as long as the waste items are the main items used. We encourage use of the Take 3 for the Sea concept when sourcing materials.
– Entries must be safe for public exhibition and able to be exhibited free standing, on a table or hung on the wall.
– The prize money (major sponsor to be confirmed) will be as follows: Winner (Open) $200, Runner Up (Open) $100, Winner (Youth) $80, Runner Up (Youth) $50, Winner (Junior) $50, Runner Up (Junior) $20.