The Festival Launch – Friday 13th October
Spend the morning whale watching with our two local charters; Cat Balou Cruises & Freedom Charters followed by a visit to the festival’s Artist Competitions and Exhibition open from 9am to 4pm next to Sprout Cafe in the main street. The festival officially kicks off in the afternoon with the Official Opening at the Eden Killer Whale Museum at 2pm – enjoy light refreshments, a smoking ceremony and Welcome to Country, followed by Storytelling by Jo Henwood who will take you on a journey of myths and legends regarding whales from around the world.
Into the evening learn about an engaging project with Eden’s youth by attending the Eden Canoes Film Night at the Uniting Church Hall at 7.30pm, or kick your heels up at the Black Tie Dinner at the Seahorse Inn with special guests – the Royal Australian Navy Band. Find out more and purchase your tickets here.
The BIG ONE – Saturday 14th October
Early risers can enjoy the Poets Breakfast at 8am at the Uniting Church Hall.
At 10am at the Main Festival Stage there will be a Welcome to Country, smoking ceremony and indigenous dancers.
The famous Street Parade is a not to be missed part of the festival – catch it from 9.30am as it passes along Imlay Street (main shop area) and down Aslings Beach Road to arrive at the festival site at Barclay Street.
From 10am to 7pm at the festival site you can catch market stalls, kite displays, chainsaw carving, sand sculpture, tug-o-war and live music all day. Don’t miss the Kids Zone open from 11am – 4pm with giant wooden garden games including Connect 4, Jenga, Quoits and more.
The evening concludes with a fantastic fireworks display at 9pm.
DISCOVER EDEN – Sunday 15th October
The fun continues on Sunday!
- Kite Display continues from 8am
- ORRCA Whale Rescue Training 8.30am-4.30am at the Barclay Street Sportsground Pavillion, find out more and book in here
- Artist Competition & Exhibition open 9am-2pm next door to Sprout in the main street
- Seafarers Service at 10am at Rotary Park Seamen’s Memorial Eden
- Sand Sculpting Workshop from 10am-11am at Aslings Beach
- Guided Tours of Davidson Whaling Station available from 10am-3pm (no need to book, the Ranger will be onsite to assist you)
- Whale Watching Tours – Cat Balou Cruises & Freedom Charters
This program is subject to change, please check back closer to the festival and follow us on Facebook for up-to-date event posts!